Going through a divorce is never easy, especially when it comes to finances. However, working with a certified divorce financial planner can make the process go much more smoothly. They’re trained to provide key insight and assistance when it comes to your finances during a divorce, taking some of the burdens off your shoulders. The team from Merit Financial Advisors have helped many just like you go through a divorce while striving to preserve their financial assets, which is why we’ve collected some insight for you below.
Here’s some more information about the role of a certified divorce financial analyst and how they can benefit you!
What Exactly is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst?
In the simplest of terms, a certified divorce financial analyst is someone who assists you in taking control of your finances before, during, and after a divorce; who works with you and your legal team to help ensure financial stability. Certified divorce financial analysts are trained and certified to guide you step-by-step, making sure you know the financial implications of your divorce and helping you take control of your future.
How a Divorce Financial Analyst Assists During the Divorce
During your divorce, a certified divorce financial analyst can help:
- Facilitate a more efficient, less costly, and less stressful process.
- Assist your attorney with analysis for proposal development.
- Explain and compare the financial outcomes of different proposals.
- Answer any questions you have about how your divorce proceedings relate to your finances.
- Outline the long-term financial and tax implications of the various settlements on the table, like whether or not you should keep your house.
How a Divorce Financial Analyst Assists After the Divorce
After your divorce has been finalized, the job of a certified divorce financial planner is to help you plan for the future and strive toward financial stability in the long-term, providing a range of services including:
- Key advice to help maintain a stable standard of living and manage your finances in the long-term.
- Guide you toward putting your life and financial future on the right track.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Deliver ongoing financial planning services designed to evolve with you through the different stages of your life.
- Giving you asset management services to help align your portfolio with your financial goals and meet your risk profile.